Ad sense

Monday, September 2, 2013

Why Are Our Duas (prayers) Not Answered?

"Ibrahim Bin Adham was asked as to why our dua’s do not get accepted even though Allah Ta`ala has said, “And ask of me; I shall grant you…”

So Ibrahim Bin Adham answered: Your dua’s do not get answered because your hearts are dead.

They said, ‘why are our hearts dead?’

He answered, because of 8 things….

1- You know the rights of Allah upon you but you do not fulfill them.

2- You read the Qur’an but you do not act on its commandments.

3- You claim that you love the Prophet (may peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) but you don’t follow his way.

4- You say we fear death, but you don’t prepare for it.

5- Allah says, “Indeed shaytan is your enemy, so take him as your enemy…” but you obey him in committing sins and disobeying Allah.

6- You claim that you fear the hell fire but you have thrown yourselves therein.

7- You claim that you love paradise but you don’t make an effort for it.

8- When you get up from your beds in the morning, you throw your deficiencies behind your backs and involve yourselves with other peoples’ faults.” 

“And on them did Satan prove true his idea, and they followed him, all but a party that believed. But he had no authority over them, except that We might test the man who believes in the Hereafter from him who is in doubt concerning it: and thy Lord doth watch over all things” (34: 20–21). 

When thou dost read the Quran, seek God’s protection from Satan the rejected one. No authority has he over those who believe and put their trust in their Lord. His authority is over those only, who take him as patron and who join partners with God. (16: 98–100)

And Satan will say when the matter is decided: “It was God Who gave you a promise of Truth: I too promised, but I failed in my promise to you. I had no authority over you except to call you but ye listened to me: then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listen to your cries, nor can ye listen to mine. I reject your former act in associating me with God. For wrong-doers there must be a grievous penalty.” (14: 22)

Jizak Allahu Khairan Brother Rodi.

No comments: